Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day Four at The SCOOTER Store!

Wow. I don't even really know what to say, and I know that is incredibly unusual. Maybe it would be best to summarize in bullet points again. Yeah. I like bullet points.

  1. I started off the day by saying something in front of the boss I probably shouldn't have. It wasn't anything inappropriate or anything like that. It was more of a wrong place, wrong time type thing. I'm still learning these things, and I expect to make that mistake again. Being very open and honest has served me well, and I plan to continue to be that way, I just need a filter.
  2. I cannot emphasize enough how fun it is to learn all of the things I am learning. And I am learning a lot for sure! Today I actually drew a picture. A picture! Just so I could wrap my head around all the various systems we use day in and day out.
  3. Having a day full of meetings, planning sessions, and brainstorming sessions has really given me a chance to stretch my brain in ways it just hasn't been stretched in a long time. And the really cool part is that the people around me are incredibly bright. I told my boss the other day that I haven't met a single person that has what I call the "Khloe Kardashian" look; that is, everyone there has something going on upstairs.
  4. I met an incredibly passionate guy named A.B. yesterday. And from what I understand, his intellect and passion have really helped to pull the company together in lots of great ways.

I could go on and on, and I will on another night. For now, I am just trying to soak it all in!

3 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to find out about bullet point 1!! Email me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new job! Looks like you made a wise move and it sounds like this job is a great fit for you. There is an attorney I have worked with who zooms around on one of those scooters and it looks like a lot of fun. I often wish I could take it around the floors for a spin. You are working for a great company that helps people cope with their disability and I'm sure you are an asset to the company as you can help them understand their customers better, having experienced health problems in your own family. If I were disabled I would much rather have one of those cool scooters than a stuffy old wheelchair any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all is well. I read that things genuinely are. Keep up the posts. Talk to you soon.

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete